FSA - Effective Customer Support Solution
This review answers the question - how to
make support service cost- and time-effective.
Your company has a live (by phone) or/and web
based customer support (via feedback forms or e-mails).
The simple way to make your support service
cost- and time-efficient is to bring the correct information at the
right time to the correct person. You can increase the quality of your
support service, convert information you has to the knowledge that
will work for you.
Customer Support Service Scheme
a look at a customer support service scheme (>).
Your company gets incoming support requests by phone (live customer
support) or by e-mail (web-based customer support).
Your technical specialists analyze the problem and try to find the
Technical specialist can find information necessary for answer in:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ);
- Technical documentation for product (for example product manuals
in Adobe Acrobat file format);
- In archive of support service;
After the case was solved support assistant includes it into
knowledgebase of support service.
Who work in your Customer Support Service?
divide your customer support service into:
Technical specialist can answer any support request, whose job
Support assistants. Support assistant can
provide qualified support in only 60% of cases);
With FSA you'll be able to decrease number of requests to technical
Support assistants will solve more problems themselves as they will
use company knowledgebase created by technical specialists.
Save your technical specialists from routine support job and save
your money. Applying FSA solution enables to move about 75% of your
technical specialists from support service to the job where their
skills are needed most of all.
Making support service work time-effective:
What can we do to make support service work time-effective?
1) You can improve technical means of your service (add more phone
lines, add more feedback forms or chats to your web-site).
2) You can hire more support assistants (to answer more phone calls
or e-mails per hour).
3) The most effective way is to make existent support work more
the correct information at the right time to the correct
person". This is a key to increase the
efficiency of customer support service. Provide all
support assistants with immediate access to all
knowledgebase information of your customer support.
Find out if the solution you are using now
can help to increase the efficiency of support service.
Answer two questions:
1) Can any support assistant get immediate
access to your company's knowledgebase? Do your support apply easy
to use answer-search solution?
2) Can any support assistant get
access to all knowledgebase
your company has? You should include into your knowledgebase:
- technical documentation - manuals, step by step instructions,
previous support answers;
- self-help experience - on-line forums and discussion lists;
- archived cases;
- frequently asked questions;
If your answers differ from "yes" and "yes"
then please, continue your reading.
FSA as a customer support solution
are happy to suggest easy to use solution that can increase the
efficiency of your support service:
FSA - File Search Assistant - is a fast and easy tool to search
any text in any file format.
This scheme (>) shows how can FSA be integrated into your
1) Support assistants send support request to FSA.
2) Then FSA search for text with specified keywords within several
folders (folder with technical documentation, manuals, FAQs, support
Configuration of FSA includes:
Creating of customs search groups (read
more about customizing search in FSA's on-line manual).
Note: folders to search can be located on hard disk of local
computer or in local network.
3) FSA finds necessary text.
4) Then user can generate search report with some quotations or use
5) Support assistant can easily browse through result and find
appropriate answer for support request.
Benefits of usage
- You can move your best technical professionals to some more
- You increase the efficiency of your support without any
- All your customers will get high-quality answers faster.
Read more: how